CFEngine is a global technology leader in datacenter automation, headquartered in Norway with offices in California. It provides a versatile and lightweight software solution with an unique ability to scale, rendering it a perfect fit for large organizations with complex IT infrastructure.
CFEngine's open source edition is already in use by many of the world's largest companies and by millions of computers across more than a hundred countries. CFEngine's commercial version is rapidly being rolled out globally, increasing the number of users who daily benefit from the tool.
The company has a strong balance, is growing at a fast pace, and we are looking for talented individuals to help us build our business. If you want to join a multicultural start-up at its early stage and engage in the commercialisation of open source software, please read on.
We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable Web UI Developer to join our young and international development team in Oslo, Norway. You will primarily work on the web-based User Interface of our product, but we expect you to actively participate in the entire development process: from understanding use-cases and investigation of ideas to designing, implementing, testing and eventually releasing your new code to thousands of users.
The position includes both research and product development, and offers a high degree of flexibilty and team work. Our team enjoys learning, strives to get things done and values a healthy balance between passion for technology, excellence and innovation, as well as rational arguments based on empirical evidence.
The position is based in Oslo and might include some travel to conferences and customers.
- rapid prototyping
- automated UI testing
- familiar with Photoshop
- familiar with VCS (git, SVN, etc.)
- bonus: experience with JS libraries; familiar with PHP; basic UX skills
- attention to detail
- focussed, pragmatic, driven to finish the last 90%
- 3+ years of front-end development
- deliver fast, clean, pixel-perfect, and scalable front-end code
- work with backend developers and designers to develop new product features
- improve and streamline existing code-base
- write automated UI tests
- all sources for a single page design
- should show off your best HTML5/CSS3 skills rather than advanced Photoshop fu
- needs to work in all major browsers (recent releases)
- give us all your bling without being completely confusing
- link to one or more projects, and briefly describe your work and responsibilities related to them
- tell us about JS libraries you use in your every-day work, with brief descriptions of why you chose them and how you use them, and let us know which ones you would like to try in the future
Interested? please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org