CFEngine 3.12.6 and 3.15.3 released
Posted by: Ole Herman Elgesem
We are pleased to announce two new patch releases for CFEngine, version 3.12.6 and 3.15.3! These releases mainly contain bug fixes and dependency updates, but in 3.15.3 there are also some new enhancements in Mission Portal. The new cf-secret binary is also included in 3.15.3 packages.
New in Mission Portal 3.15.3
Synchronizing roles between Mission Portal and Active Directory
When using LDAP for authentication, Mission Portal can now automatically grant roles based on the tags received from your LDAP server (for example Active Directory). This means that new users can start using Mission Portal immediately, without having to wait for an administrator to grant the appropriate roles manually. Enable this in Mission Portal Authentication Settings:
Ansible compatible hosts API
Extending the information shown on the Host Info Page
The Host Info Page shows a lot of useful information out of the box, like OS, hostname, IP address, CFEngine version, etc. You can now extend what is shown, by pinning CFEngine inventory, variables, or classes. Pinned items will show up on all host info pages:
CFEngine 3.12 LTS end of life
CFEngine 3.12 series is scheduled to reach end of life in approximately 1 year (winter 2021). There will be 1 more release before then (CFEngine 3.12.7 in summer 2021). If you are still using CFEngine 3.12, you should consider upgrading to the 3.15 series. Please reach out to CFEngine Enterprise Support if you have any questions about upgrading, or need assistance with the process.
As always, you can see a full list of changes and improvements in our changelogs:
- 3.12.6 Changelog for CFEngine Community
- 3.12.6 Changelog for CFEngine Enterprise
- 3.12.6 Changelog for Masterfiles Policy Framework
- 3.15.3 Changelog for CFEngine Community
- 3.15.3 Changelog for CFEngine Enterprise
- 3.15.3 Changelog for Masterfiles Policy Framework
(Please note that the Enterprise changelogs contain only changes specific to enterprise. To get a full overview of all changes in a version, read all 3 changelogs.)
The following dependencies were updated, see respective project websites for more information about the changes in those projects.
Thank you to all the developers and maintainers of Open Source Software which make CFEngine possible!
We encourage all of our users to get involved in the community and contribute. Feel free to use one of the following channels:
- Ask for help or start a discussion on the mailing list
- Chat with the developers and other users on IRC
- Submit a bug report or feature request in our issue tracker
- Look through our curated list of issues for new contributors
- Browse the code or submit a pull request through GitHub
- Improve the documentation by fixing typos, adding examples, or explaining things you found difficult