Vertical Sysadmin, the leading CFEngine training partner in the US will be teaching Automating System Administration using CFEngine 3 at LOPSA East 2016.
Join Aleksey Tsalolikhin on Friday May 6th, for a Half day session from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Brunswick Ball Room B to learn about:
- Design principles and philosophy of CFEngine (and a brief introduction to Promise Theory)
- Language syntax and an orientation to the project documentation
- Practical patterns:
- Classifying servers to control when and where promises apply
- Using lists to drive action: e.g. add users, install/delete packages, etc.
- Abstracting and reusing code; structuring your code
- Linking promises (e.g. edit config file and then signal the process to reload configuration)